I did not know this word. However this is a word that in all or most European languages is imported as is. Therefore the same word is also used in Lombard. Regarding spelling, the dominant tendency is to use the English spelling and use it as a foreign word, then write "Rohingya", however I prefer transliterating it into Lombard spelling by writing "Rohinga" or "Roinga". --Gat lombart (ciciarade) 14:25, 5 Dic 2021 (CET)
"Tausug" must be imported from English by means of the Italian language, its traliteration in Lombard is "Tausugh" --18.104.22.168 15:01, 5 Dic 2021 (CET)
English pages without content[modifega]
Pages without content (i.e. without definition) are to be deleted. You have been writing so many English voices without definition. I preferred to complete them rather than delete them as it is more useful for the wikitionary. However if you keep on writing them too fast, the pace is too much for me to follow.--Gat lombart (ciciarade) 12:50, 10 Dic 2021 (CET)
For me it is more important to write new entries in Lombard. However, I am also willing to do the translations you ask me and I would like foreigners to be able to learn Lombard --Gat lombart (ciciarade) 12:54, 10 Dic 2021 (CET)
Situation of Lombard nowadays[modifega]
I don't know if you know the situation of the Italian regional languages. Currently the situation of the Lombard is very difficult because the Italian state has never taught it at school and only recently someone is trying to create orthographic koinè. Currently the wikipedia in the Lombard language is held up by young people who are committed to writing a language that is spoken only by the elderly especially in the plains. Lombard is currently in worse condition than the southern and eastern Italian regional languages, since in the North West of italy, regional languages are being lost due to immigration. Nonetheless, our wiki projects are among the first amongst the Italian regional languages, but only thanks to the enormous commitment of those who write on wiki projects. We got wiktionary but the effort paid was very high. Our main mission is to keep alive the Lombard language but the resources are few.
For this I thank you first of all for your commitment to Lombard wiktionary and for your interest in the Lombard language.
As I said, however, the precedence goes to Lombard words, because the first problem is to teach Lombard to the Lombards. I can also translate English words but I ask you not to ask me more than 15 a day.
Page for guided creation of new pages[modifega]
If there isn't yet the article you want to create, you can also create new pages (just for nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs), by writing the new word in one of the boxes below "Nom minga lombard" (for nouns), "Agetiv minga lombard" (for adjectives) and so on (for foreign words) in the page Wikizzionari:Pagina principala/Inseriment and then by clicking on the button "crea" (en)
Se la vos che te voeulet creà la gh'è nananmò, tre podet anca creà di pagine noeuve (domà per nom, agetiv, verb e averbi), cont el scriver la parolla noeuva in voeuna di caselle sota "Nom minga lombard" (per i nom), "Agetiv minga lombard" (for i agetiv) e via inscì (per i parolle foreste) in de la pagina "Wikizzionari:Pagina principala/Inseriment" e poeu a clicà in sul boton "crea" (lmo)--Gat lombart (ciciarade) 19:04, 12 Dic 2021 (CET)
Lombard doesn't have a word for "divination". "Induvinà" has the same meaning of the Italian "indovinare" (that is a verb but in lombard verb may be used also as a noun). --Gat lombart (ciciarade) 11:07, 16 Dic 2021 (CET)
Sal (pronunciations next to the traslation)[modifega]
Re: Parnonzia cinesa[modifega]
I have a look at the template.
- First of all, this work is not among the most important ones to the Lombard wiktionary.
- In addiction, I saw that the template as it is, on the English language wiktionary, considers Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakka and so on as varieties of Chinese, instead on the Lombard wikitionary we are considering them as autonomous languages therefore they must have their own sections. So such a template would not make sense.
- Finally, the way to indicate the variants on the wiktionary in the Lombard language is different from the way in the English language, so the template and the module should be re-studied, it is a computer scientist's work.
Therefore I conclude that it is too complicated and not very essential and for now not such as to justify efforts to create a template like this on this wiki--Gat lombart (ciciarade) 09:36, 17 Dic 2021 (CET)
@Gat lombart: They could be called topolects, and I figured that the pronunciation template could have categories like "Parolle in gan" or "Parolle in hakka" for example. --Apisite (ciciarade) 14:36, 17 Dic 2021 (CET)
- @Gat lombart: That was your doing actually, but no matter. --Apisite (ciciarade) 14:34, 20 Dic 2021 (CET)
Thank you for the restoration. Yes, I accidentally removed the translation, probably due to a wrong copy and paste, as the pronunciations were also wrong --Gat lombart (ciciarade) 18:48, 23 Dic 2021 (CET)
The wiktionary has been improved (en) El wikizzionari l'è stad mijorad (lmo)[modifega]
During the last few days of the year, several fixing were made to the wiktionary.
- First of all, the technical problem that was preventing the modification of the pages by clicking beside the name of the language was solved. This problem was mading more difficult the modification of the articles that includes more languages.
- The templates nol sl and nol/sl has been introduced. These templates will serve to mark the ortography used in the translations of foreign words. Since on wiktionary both Nex Lombard Ortography and Writing Lombard are accepted, specifying the ortography used in the translations also of the foreign words has been necessary, not to make a jumble of spellings. Now you can use both accepted spellings and mark the ortography for each word.
- In the wiki code, in lombard language artricles, the template "variant", that tooks the place of ‘’ALTER MANERE DE SCRIVER’’, has been introduced. Than the pages has became more beautiful and homogeneous. (en)
In del cors di ultim dì de l'ann a inn stad fad diversi cavezzament al wikizzionari:
- Inanz de tut l 'è stad sgiustad el problema tecnich che l'impediva de modeifegà di pagine a clicà de fianch al nom de la lengua. Quell problema chì el rendeva pussee dificil la modifega di vos che gh'aveven denter tante lengue.
- A inn stad introdot i modei nol sl e nol/sl. Quei modei chì i servissarann de marcà l’ortografia drovada in di traduzzion di parolle foreste. Desgià che in del Wikizzionari tant la Noeuva Ortografia Lombarda 'me la scriver Lombard a inn acetade, a gh’è stad bisogn de specifegà anca in di parolle foreste qual ‘è la grafia drovada in di traduzzion per minga fà su on miscmasc de ortografie. Adess a l'è possibil doperà tucc do i ortografie acetade e marcà la grafia per ciascheduna parolla.
- In del wiki-codes, a l’è stad introdot in tute i vos in lombard el modell “variant”, che l’ha tolt el post de ‘’ALTER MANERE DE SCRIVER’’. Donca i pagine a inn diventade pussee bei e omogene. (lmo) --Gat lombard (ciciarade) 17:05, 1 Gen 2022 (CET)
Lombard language manual[modifega]
Hi Spisite, if you are interested in learning Lombard language you can use the wikibook in Italian. As the Italian language is supported by google you can translate it into English with the google translator. This wikibooks was made for native Italian speakers, so some things should be treated differently for native English speakers. If there is something you do not understand you can also ask me, as my mother language is Italian and I am also the main contributor to the wikibook. Hope someone can translate the wikibook into other languages. --Gat lombard (ciciarade) 10:08, 4 Feb 2022 (CET)
It is better to put in the locuzzion framework only the word associations whose meaning may be different from that of the union of the single words, or for practicality for some associations of words in Lombard which are often translated with a single word in many foreign languages. I do not know exactly the case of the phrases "banana leaf" and "gold leaf" that you wrote, but I believe that "banana leaf" is not to be written, we certainly cannot write the leaves of all plants. Consider what is best to do as I do not have a thorough knowledge of English --Gat lombard (ciciarade) 13:44, 12 Feb 2022 (CET)
- @Gat lombard: Consider the translations of the term "banana leaf" at the English Wiktionary. --Apisite (ciciarade) 13:51, 12 Feb 2022 (CET)
If you are interested in listening to Lombard songs[modifega]
If you are interested in listening to Lombard music, I can suggest you some songs to listen to. For example, I start to show you this song in Lombard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNA8bJjKhNM. The dialect used in this song is lagher (western Lombard), my dialect is the milanese instead close to the lagher, also belonging to wstern lombard. The text, however, is written in another spelling; I don't know what spelling it is but it seems something similar to Ticinese or Insubric spelling which for now have not been dealt with in the wiktionary.--Gat lombard (ciciarade) 11:51, 12 Mrz 2022 (CET)